ENGLISH TRANSLATOR (filled in)
Type of contract: Part-time (24 hours)
Tekom Vertalers is looking to add an English translator to its team of experienced language professionals and project managers, starting 1 October. We have a multi-faceted position available within a great team and offer excellent training opportunities.
We are looking for an enthusiastic native speaker who would like to work in a challenging and sometimes hectic work climate. This position is for 24 hours per week. An in-house translator at Tekom must be all-round - you will translate and revise documents about very diverse subjects. We work for a wide range of clients in the floriculture industry, the Food and Beverage sector, communications agencies, retailers, the hospitality sector, the financial and legal sectors and more.
As an English translator, your responsibilities will include:
- Translating texts for our clients
- Revising translations made by (external) translators
- Proofreading texts produced by our clients
- Transcribing spoken messages and making voice recordings
- Providing linguistic support to colleagues and clients
- English is your mother tongue and you grew up in an English-speaking country
- You have a linguistics/language-oriented/translation degree from a university of applied sciences (HBO)
- You are a sworn translator or are willing to be sworn in
- You have at least 2 years’ experience as a translator
- You have experience revising (translated) texts
- You are experienced in the use of CAT tools, preferably memoQ
- You handle stress well and have a pragmatic mindset
- You are a team player
Please do not respond to this vacancy if English is not your first language.
We are offering:
- A position with an extremely diverse package of responsibilities, in which you will translate and revise texts for a wide range of client
- (Internal) training opportunities
- A gross starting salary of between 2200 and 2500 euros per month (40 hours), based on experience
- A robust pension scheme
- Travel allowance
- There will be a bicycle available to travel between the train station of Hoofddorp and our office (approx. 7 minutes)
Who we are
Tekom Vertalers (est. 1976) is a high-end total supplier in the field of language and translations. Our core business is the translation of texts for the business market into more than 76 languages. We have a small in-house team of translators, but mostly work with a regular international network of more than 750 professional freelance translators. In addition, we have a voice agency that offers voicing in approximately 50 languages, including projects in the field of e-learning, telephone systems, company videos and audio tours. We also provide language training and interpreting services.
Tekom Vertalers aims to search for new and better ways to provide translation services for its customers, with respect for the art of translation. Working with the translators, we want to find ways to apply technology that increases productivity and supports work processes. We do not want to change professional practice from the outside; we want to initiate change from within. If you agree with this vision and want to contribute to this, then this is the job for you.
If you are excited about this position and you want to work for us as a translator, please send us your CV and motivation today, or contact Ingeborg Verduijn. (tel. +31(0)23-5625588 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.)
“Since 1976 we translate in 76 languages
with 748 translators"